973.923.1100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1938 by George Schmidt and Henry Heide, G&H Equipment began as a custom sheet metal fabrication shop specializing in food service equipment for local bars and restaurants. The pair opened for business in a small lofted garage in Irvington NJ. Despite the tough economy of the dwindling Great Depression, G&H was growing fast and soon needed a true manufacturing facility.
In 1942 G&H moved to nearby Hillside, its home to this day. George and Henry constructed the first commercial building on Chestnut Ave, an eight thousand square foot facility in a quickly evolving neighborhood.
Throughout the next seven decades, G&H completed three additions to the original building as well as purchasing its neighboring building. G&H now operates a twenty thousand square foot state of the art facility offering most metal fabrication services in-house.
Just as the company has changed physically over the past seventy years, G&H's services and clients have as well. During World War II, George and Henry supported our nation, manufacturing various parts for the military's transportation units. This required a new approach for the company, producing higher volumes of similar parts than the custom work they were used to. After the war, G&H used its experience in higher volume transportation products serving the telecommunications industry manufacturing and outfitting coin collection and phone service trucks for the growing demand for public pay phone systems.
During the 1960s, Henry's sons Harry and Carl Heide continued George and Henry's commitment to quality products with friendly service broadening G&H's range. During these years, G&H became a true go-to source for a broad spectrum of metal products in the tri-state area.
During the 1980s and 1990s G&H became G&H Sheet Metal Works, Inc and transitioned to clients in the semiconductor and electronics industries producing enclosures, industrial cabinetry and accessories for these booming industries.
When Don Shaffer partnered with Carl Heide in 1999 G&H began its evolution into a one stop shop for all types of OEM equipment, offering immediate response and fast turnaround of prototypes, small quantity runs, and large scale productions. G&H recognized the increasingly technical requirements of its clients and introduced in-house solid modeling, design assistance, CNC punch-press capabilities.
In 2006, Carl's son Eric Heide joined the G&H team. Eric's education in Supply Chain Management and his excitement to grow the business have continued G&H's effort to become a leader in the tri-state metal manufacturing industry. Eric's fresh approach to manufacturing architectural and ornamental metal products have positioned G&H as a premier source for custom furniture, metal accents and trim, as will as light structural supports and bracketry.
In recent years G&H has added CNC press brake forming, CNC laser cutting, as well as expanded their in-house and outsourced metal finishing capabilities. With these advancements G&H has widened its reach and opened the door to even more industries. Through partnerships with local vendors, G&H now offers all metal manufacturing services and can source just about anything today's engineers, architects, and designers require.
With Carl's retirement in 2014, the latest form of G&H was born, G&H Metal Products. This new era features two distinct divisions: G&H's 'OEM and Engineered Products' division, headed by Don Shaffer, and G&H's 'Architectural, Ornamental, and Custom Fabrications' division lead by Eric Heide. Whatever your metal manufacturing need, G&H Metal Products can surely meet the task.